Sunday, June 13, 2010

Set in Stone

"I always remember an epitaph which is in a cemetery at Tombstone, AZ. It says "Here lies Jack Williams.
He done his damnedest ".
I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have."
Harry Truman










































Any walk along Morgan Ford Road will lead you to River Des Peres. New walkway/ bike/jogging trails have been added in recent years










































Work your way down the pathway to Gravois. You'll find St.Markus Cemetery. Saturday I crossed Gravois for the first time since starting my "walking program".


Wandering through the cemetery I discovered these unique tomb stones featuring photos "set in stone". The stones seemed to have been popular between 1924 - 1927.

Posted using my iPhone and Blogpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment